Monday, November 8, 2010

Family

Tessalee loved Halloween. She enjoyed dressing up and knocking on the doors, and I mean, she HAD to knock on the door, no one else could. Of course, she won't eat the candy though, because she says that it's bad for her. What a sweetie.

Oh, and I think that I now have a potty trained little girl!!! YAAAAY!!!!!

Thanksgiving!!! I am so in the mood for fall and winter. My Christmas tree is up, and I love baking 'fall' goodies. At church they were talking about making a video for what we are thankful for this year. My eyes instantly teared up. I am grateful to have my husband home this year for Thanksgiving. I remember last year, pulling into the driveway at 6:55 knowing that the latest that Tycen would call would be 7:00. I just sat in the garage, and 7:00 came and past. I didn't hear from him until that Sunday. This year, I am just so thankful that I can have him, especially knowing that next year, I don't get that luxury. Family time means so much more to me now.

Tessalee on the Tidal Wave at Lagoon. She really did love it and wanted to go on again after we got off.

5 comments:

The Pedersen Haus said...

Shelby Sue you make me want to cry!!! You and Tycen are so amazing and are doing a wonderful job raising Tessa. I'm so grateful Tycen found YOU! I love having you in our family. I promise the craziness of the military will settle down and Tycen will be home more than he's gone. Unfortunately that won't happen til after his deployment but we'll do our best to keep you and Tessa company while he's gone!

Angee @ October Morning said...

Congratulations you won my giveaway!! Send me an email so we can work out the details!!
mamarockwell@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

what a cutie pie! Love that costume.

Thanks so much for following my blog and entering my most recent giveaway. Stay tuned because there will be more.

By the way, I love the window art you posted back in August! I would love some old windows like that to make into picture frames... alas I can't seem to find any. :(

Thanks again!

Trulee said...

You're such an awesome lady! I'm glad I can call myself related to you. I hope we get to see you for a little bit on Thanksgiving, but know we are thinking of you anyways. :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Just got your comment. Thanks for the tip about craigs list! I'll have to keep checking them out - it's been a while since I've looked there. I could try freecycle too, I suppose. Anyway, thanks for the compliment on my pics!